Our client is looking for a technical sales representative who will be tasked with achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. The successful candidate will be expected to personally contact and secures new business accounts/customers.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature, deliver goods to customers as need be and collect all the overdue accounts.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and conducts presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics, and technical service groups.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization.
- Create and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share, and value opportunities.
- Identify advantages and compares the organization’s products/services.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related Targets as needed
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions. And any other business as delegated by the management.
Reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- Must possess a minimum of 2-3 years’ hand on experience in the sales of capital goods ie tools equipment, machinery, or services to end-users (B2C)
- Must be below 33years
- Must possess a University degree in Marketing (Technical degree preferred)
- They must have demonstrated an aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Kes 40,000/= gross plus commission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are invited to submit a 1-page Cover Letter, a CV to email@example.com not later than31st July 2021.
The email subject should be “Technical Sales Representative”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org